I have a wide range of experience treating individuals and families.
Treatment specializations include:
- Grief and healing from Traumatic Loss
- Violence, PTSD work and Trauma Recovery for past and recent trauma events.
- Supporting Military persons through challenging transitions
- Relationship and Family Counseling
- Developing Effective Coping Strategies for Life Transitions
- Postpartum/Perinatal depression and anxiety disorders.
- New Parents Team Development
- Expatriate individual and family supports
- Young adults adjustment to college life
- Develop Executive Skills for home, work, school
Specialty in Trauma Services to assist with recovery and healing for adults and children who have experienced a critical event, such as a natural disaster, or are survivors of violence or traumatic loss.
I am Certified as a Clinical Trauma Professional with the International Association of Trauma Professionals. I have experience working with survivors of sexual and domestic violence for over 25 years. It is what brought me to my career and what continues to be my passion. I am dedicated to providing each individual I work with the best possible skills and support for their journey through the healing process.
Sexual trauma is understood to impact everyone, not only 1 in 4 women and 1 in 5 men, but everyone who shares the world with them. Working through trauma experiences is never an easy process. Sexual and domestic violence has historically been given low and/or ineffective response by public safety, legal and medical professionals. As a result, a fraction of sexual assaults, domestic violence and other violent crimes against women have resulted in any semblance of justice for victims.
Early Childhood Traumas including abuse and exposure to violence affect the way individuals experience and interact with their environment, often in ways that do not help them achieve their goals and stability. Trauma clinicians can help survivors of early childhood and adolescent sexual abuse in ways that are transformative. Trust develops early in a child's life and forms the template for all future relationships. Patterns of difficulty with emotional and behavioral coping are a common thread with early childhood trauma. Strategies that meant survival growing up can become self defeating for adolescents and adults. DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy) was specifically developed for individuals with these patterns to develop healthy coping strategies and relationships. I have extensive training and 12 years of experience in DBT skills training.
Trainings and Certifications for Therapeutic Approaches
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Culturally Sensitive
- Dialectical (DBT)
- E. F. T. (Tapping)
- Emotionally Focused
- Family Systems
- Mindfulness-based (MBCT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Play Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief (SFBT)